Technology – A Business Perspective
Is technology just another industry? We think not. The tech sector has an external environment that is changing increasingly rapidly and in disruptive and unpredictable ways. This is manifest in such areas as cloud computing, Big Data, mobile, new platforms and architectures, social media, etc., often rendering obsolete not just incumbent products but company business models.
This means that technology companies can’t just focus on incremental operational improvements. We believe most tech companies need to be market-facing and sales and marketing driven. It is sad to say but there is a graveyard out there filled with companies that had superior technology. We find that middle market tech companies are often engineering driven even when the planned product developments are not going to deliver a clear, differentiated, competitive advantage. Being under-skilled and under-resourced in go-to-market execution capability will probably doom any company and the tech industry does not get a waiver.
Stanton Associates works with technology companies to build reliable sales and marketing processes to attract and retain customers, to identify the right market sectors and target strategic customer opportunities, to understand the profitability of their customer relationships, to select the pricing strategy that maximizes growth and gross margin, and to have an innovation feedback loop powered by the voice of the customer.
Our services range from working with your team on top-level strategy development to implementation of solutions across several key areas to drive profitable growth.
- Sales Performance Improvement
- Channel Management
- Strategic account penetration and management
- Reliable sales forecasting
- Branding & Positioning
- Lead Generation
- Social Media Marketing
- Direct Marketing Campaign
- Product Conceptualization & Launch
- Product marketing
- Pricing Strategy
- Product roadmap
Strategy & Finance
- Strategic Business Planning
- Financial Advisory & Profitability Analytics
- Strategic Alliances – Assessment & Development
- Industry convergence advisory services
- Corporate Development
We bring deep industry expertise, along with an extensive set of capabilities to help our clients grow the top line AND improve gross margins.
Collaborative Software Company
- Led company from minimal revenue, high burn rate and losses to triple digit revenue growth, profitability and cash flow positive position in 18 months
Enterprise Software Company
- Reduced monthly operating expenses from $6 to $1 million
- Led company from cash crisis to EBITDA positive position
- Grew top line by 25%
Public Technology Company
- Grew high margin revenue approximately 3-fold in less than 3 years
- Reversed $10 million annual losses into solid profitability
Expertise: Business Strategy. General Management. Finance and Operations.
Experience: Several time CEO of enterprise software companies; former COO and CFO of public technology company.
Expertise: Marketing. Strategic Planning. Corporate
Industry Experience: Several time CEO/COO at wireless, e-commerce and other technology companies.
Expertise: Finance. Operations. Strategic Planning.
Industry Experience: Media & Entertainment. Financial Services. E-commerce.
Technology & Media Brochure